Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Passion + Action =

Maria finally signing up for a writing class.

For years my friend Mindi has been encouraging me to really run with my writing. My twin sister is forever supporting and getting excited about most anything I do (I imagine her hand-clapping and giddily jumping on the other end of the phone down there in Austin, Texas). So alas, I listened. Embraced my generally proactive self, and signed up to join a summer workshop with Women Writing for a Change. Never mind that I was behind schedule 1 week syllabus-wise, last night, the 15 member crew welcomed me with open arms and big smiles. Despite all the nerves and self-doubt going into it, I really enjoyed myself. I can't wait to take on the pen and paper for next Tuesday's class.

So hopefully the blog silence of the past year remains just that - the past.


My writing voice shall be quieted no more!

No comments: